iPhone Launches 12 series: Know more about specifications and models
With a myriad of bad and depressing news worldwide, iPhone launches it 12 line-ups on 13th October 2020, for a relief.
The iPhone 12 series was launched with a HomePod Mini in a virtual event. The new flagship series includes iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Mini with an affordable price tag. The expensive models include the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 pro Max with pro camera features.
The iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini are similar to the Pro models. They only differ in terms of camera. Pro models feature a triple-lens camera setup with a LiDAR Scanner, whereas the iPhone 12 and 12 Mini have a dual-lens camera.
A successor to the iPhone 11 series, iPhone 12 features a 6.1 inches touchscreen display with a resolution of 1170×2532 pixels at a pixel density of 460 pixels per inch (PPI). All the models introduced feature Super Retina XDR OLED displays with an edge-to-edge design for the first time.
The devices also have the inception of face ID notch and a small bezel around the edges. The standard iPhone and the Pro iPhone 12 models have the same display features and quality.
After the iPhone SE, the 5.4 inches iPhone 12 is the smallest phone Apple has ever released. Due to the small size, the iPhone 12 Mini is recommended for those who prefer operating the phone single headedly.
The size of the iPhone 12 mini has not let the resolution and features compromise. It has an excellent explanation of 2430 x 1080 with 476 pixels per inch, whereas the 6.1-inch iPhone 12 has a resolution of 2532 x 1170 with 460 pixels per inch.
The displays of the iPhone 12 series have HDR support with 1200 nits’ peak brightness. The wide Colour range provides vivid, true-to-life colors. Haptic Touch for feedback, and True Tone to match the display’s color temperature to the ambient lighting for a more natural viewing experience.
Similar to the design of the iPad Pro, iPhone 12 has flat edges. The front glass has been replaced by the new Ceramic Shield cover, infused with nano-ceramic crystals offering 4X times better drop performance.
The iPhone 12 supports faster downloads, good quality streaming, smooth gaming, and HD 1080p FaceTime with 5G worldwide connectivity coverage. A Smart Data Mode reverts to an LTE connection when 5G speeds aren’t necessary, saving the phone battery.
- Dimensions: 160.8 x 78.1 x 7.4 mm (6.33 x 3.07 x 0.29 in)
- Weight: 228 g (8.04 oz)
- Build: Gorilla Glass front, Gorilla Glass back, stainless steel frame
- Type: Super Retina XDR OLED, HDR10, 800 nits (typ), 1200 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.7 inches, 109.8 cm2 (87.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1284 x 2778 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~458 ppi density)
- Protection: Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating
- Dolby Vision
- Wide color gamut
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 6m for 30 mins)
- Battery: Li-Ion, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 20W, 50% in 30 min (advertised), USB Power Delivery 2.0
- Colours: Silver, Graphite, Gold, Pacific Blue